You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. Zig Ziglar

You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. Zig Ziglar

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Things I Do - - - I Do Them For You!

Good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to a new week of law school and blogging. Lately, I have learned that I have been the topic of discussion at different places in the United States. It is nice to be talked about, however, that discussion, is focused on some of the writing I have done for students and applicants for the bar exam. Let me just say that readership is "way up" in some places. I know increased readership is a sign that someone is watching you. But, one is never quite certain whether the eye whose attention you've caught is a good, bad or indifferent glance.

Some feel forced to change their style in order to fit in with others. I don't want to be like that and I am not going to change my style of writing and thinking. This is your forum, and I write for a particular group of people. Namely you. I do what I need to do in order to get where I have to go. It is never easy. Ever. It just has to be done.

So, with that said, let me tell you about our three posts this week. For the One-L, we will discuss outlining. I received two comments from a current first-year student and another who will begin law school in January. This is on the minds of some of my students at Howard Law School, too. So, in honor of the several of you that asked this question, I will help you prepare an outline. Then you will season it to your own, individualized taste.

The Two-L discussion - we will talk about how to get that paper in shape on or before Thanksgiving, and if not then, definitely the first day you return to school. I know you have already prepared outlines for your future Pulitzer Prize winning product, however, just in case you have not, I will talk about it a little. Then we will move to substance and preparing to free-write.

The Three-L talk will focus on our one of two priorities, the bar examination. The other priority is a job. However, I do have one or two things that I want to share with the third and fourth year student about grades, in general.

So, I expect to write every night this week, and I hope you will be around to listen (yes, I said listen; I meant listen).

See you shortly,

Prof. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment